Renate Oberhoffer, MD,PhD, is a pediatrician and pediatric cardiologist and holds the chair of Preventive Pediatrics at the Faculty of Sport and Health Sciences at Technical University Munich as a full professor. She is also the Vice Dean of the faculty. Her clinical and research focus is prevention of cardiovascular disease in youth, especially in children and young adults with congenital heart defect. Cardiovascular fitness parameters in her studies include exercise capacity, motoric fitness tests, different vascular stiffness and thickness parameters. Board licensed for sports medicine, she also studies cardiovascular effects of sport and training in young athletes She is the president of the working group “Sports cardiology, physical activity and prevention” of the AEPC (Association of European Pediatric Cardiologists), Officer of the German society of arterial stiffness, and Vice President of the Bavarian society of sports medicine.
- Help us to better understand perceptions related to Vascular Ageing
- BHF CoRE Glasgow Virtual Symposium – “Hot Topics in Cardiovascular Research” – 26th April 2021, from 13:00 – 16:30 (BST)
- NAA 2021 Virtual – Early Detection and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Worlds 1st Symposium on Ultra High Frequency Ultrasound in Translational Research
- ARTERY 19 – Photographs from the Conference