Nikos Stergiopulos received his M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece, in 1985 and his Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering from Iowa State University, USA, in 1990. Nikos Stergiopulos holds also a degree in Management of Technology from IMD. He is currently Full Professor and Director of the Laboratory of Hemodynamics and Cardiovascular Technology at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland. His main research interests are Hemodynamics, Cardiovascular Mechanics and Medical Implant Technology. He has authored more than 200 peer review papers and holds more than 20 patents in medical technology. In 1998 he co-founded EndoArt SA, a medical device startup company, world leader in telemetrically powered and controlled medical implants for the treatment of congenital heart disease and morbid obesity. He is currently the founder and managing director of Rheon Medical SA, developer of an adjustable drainage device for the surgical treatment of glaucoma. He is also founder and CSO of Comphya SA, a medtech startup developing an implantable electrostimulation device for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Help us to better understand perceptions related to Vascular Ageing
- BHF CoRE Glasgow Virtual Symposium – “Hot Topics in Cardiovascular Research” – 26th April 2021, from 13:00 – 16:30 (BST)
- NAA 2021 Virtual – Early Detection and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Worlds 1st Symposium on Ultra High Frequency Ultrasound in Translational Research
- ARTERY 19 – Photographs from the Conference