As Director of Preventive Cardiology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Dr. Urbina’s clinical activities focus on prevention (obesity, hypertension and dyslipidemias) while her research grants (AHA, NIH) and masters in epidemiology training concentrate on new non-invasive methods of assessing atherosclerotic CV target organ damage in youth related to CV risk factors especially those that cluster with obesity. She has over 25 years of experience in non-invasive imaging of CV structure and function in large epidemiologic studies such as the Bogalusa Heart Study. She was PI of a National Institutes of Health (NHLBI R01) following the cardiac and vascular effects of obesity and type 2 diabetes on adolescents and is currently a Co-PI of the International Childhood CV Cohorts Consortium grant that is completing 40-year follow-up on subjects enrolled as children in multiple cohorts including Bogalusa, Muscatine, Young Finns and the National Growth and Health study of which she is PI. She is also Director and PI of an AHA Strategically Focused Network in HTN grant that is exploring population, clinical and epigenetic determinants of target organ damage in hypertensive youth. Her CV core also supplies training for many multi-center pediatric studies including CKiDs (chronic kidney disease) and serves as the CV Imaging Core for a variety of cohorts including TODAY2 (type 2 diabetes), SEARCH 3 (type 1 diabetes), FUEL (single ventricle congenital heart disease), Do IT (dyslipidemia) and TIDES (environmental exposures).
- Help us to better understand perceptions related to Vascular Ageing
- BHF CoRE Glasgow Virtual Symposium – “Hot Topics in Cardiovascular Research” – 26th April 2021, from 13:00 – 16:30 (BST)
- NAA 2021 Virtual – Early Detection and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Worlds 1st Symposium on Ultra High Frequency Ultrasound in Translational Research
- ARTERY 19 – Photographs from the Conference