ARTERY 22 Bursary
Applications for ARTERY 22 are now closed.
ARTERY is uniquely placed to facilitate, coordinate and deliver high quality education for its members. At times of financial constraint, securing support to attend National, European, and International congresses/conferences has become increasingly difficult. ARTERY is very pleased to be able to offer a small number of educational bursaries to assist students with their attendance at the ARTERY annual scientific conference.
Eligibility for Bursary
The scheme is open to anyone who fulfills the criteria below:
- ‘junior’ presenters (that is not a senior lab member nor consultant or equivalent)
- presenting an abstract at the ARTERY scientific meeting as first or second author
- member of ARTERY Society
Applications for a bursary should include a completed application form together with:
- a copy of your CV
- supporting statement clearly indicating why you cannot meet the conference costs from other resources.
- outline of the professional benefits you anticipate gaining by attending the ARTERY scientific conference
A brief report on highlights of the meeting for you and the benefits to you from attending is required, and may be included in the newsletter or ARTERY website. This should be provided within 2 months of the meeting attended and is a condition of the award. Failure to provide this report will render applicants ineligible for future bursaries.
Bursary Approval Panel
The award panel will include all of the Artery Executive Committee.
The selection process will be by a scoring system and based on merit.
Number and value of Bursaries
A number of bursaries will be available each year depending on the budget available. The maximum number of bursaries will be agreed in advance by the panel. The maximum value of a bursary allowance given to an individual person is capped at €500. Each bursary will be awarded on merit and at the discretion of the panel. The decision of the panel is final. The bursary can be used to reclaim the cost of the registration fee and the balance may be used to cover accommodation and economy travel.
Terms and Conditions
- Successful applicants will be required to pay a registration fee to attend the conference.
- Successful applicants are responsible for making their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
- The cost of the registration fee may be reclaimed and the balance of the bursary payment may be used to cover travel and accommodation up to a total value of the bursary awarded (including registration fee)
- Bursary payments will be made after the conference.
- Claimants must provide proof of payment for any travel and accommodation which is being claimed.
- Original receipts must be submitted within 1 month of attending the conference.
Bursary applications for 2022 are now closed.
Become a Member
ARTERY promotes the advancement of knowledge and dissemination of information concerning the pathophysiology, pharmacology, epidemiology, detection, investigation and treatment of arterial structure and function.
Artery Research Journal
Artery Research is the official journal of the Association for Research into Arterial Structure and Physiology (ARTERY, the Society).