ARTERY Society Research Exchange Grant
ARTERY Research Exchange Grant 2022
Applications for 2022 are now closed. Congratulations to this year’s recipients.
Dr Bernhard Hametner, Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria
Mr Cédric Neutel, University of Antwerp
Ms Cindy van Loo, Maastricht University
The aim of this ARTERY Society Research Exchange grant is to encourage Early Career Researchers to build their own international collaborations and to spend time in a new lab either to work collaboratively on a project or to learn a new skill.
Two grants of 1600 Euros will be available to provide support for travel and accommodation during the exchange. Awardees will also receive free registration (including meals and refreshments covered by the registration fee) for the following ARTERY conference to present their findings (conference accommodation and travel, conference dinner, and other expenses are not included in the award).
Eligibility criteria for applicants:
- Current ARTERY member.
- Age 40 years or younger, unless career interrupted due to extenuating circumstances.
Selection criteria for host lab:
- The host lab must be internationally recognised for its research in the field of arterial function and structure and preferentially (but not exclusively) led by an ARTERY member.
Deadline for applications: Applications for 2022 are closed.
The applicant must provide:
- A motivation letter of approximately half an A4 page detailing the project and how it would benefit the young investigator, justification for lab choice, and potential for future collaborations.
- Your Curriculum Vitae which includes a list of publications.
- A support letter from the host laboratory.
- The applications will be evaluated by the ARTERY Young Investigator Chair with approval by the ARTERY Executive Committee.
- The winners will be announced during the award ceremony at the ARTERY annual conference.
- The winners will present the main outcomes of the collaboration at the following October ARTERY Conference.
- Winners are required and invited to submit one contribution to Artery Research on their grant research, for which the open access article processing charge will be waived. This contribution can be of any type, i.e. Research Article, Review Article, Perspective, Short Communication, Case Study or How-To-Do-It Article.
- Authors are free to also (i.e., additionally) publish their findings elsewhere.
- In any publication resulting from their collaboration, the Research Grant should be acknowledged, e.g. using the following sentence: “This work was supported by an ARTERY (Association for Research into Arterial Structure and Physiology) [insert award year] Research Exchange Grant”.
If you have any queries or require further information please contact the Secretariat: email@example.com
Previous Grant Recipients
Rachel Climie (University of Tasmania, Australia)
Shaiv Parikh (Maastricht University, The Netherlands)
ARTERY20 Not Awarded
Alessandro Giudici (Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UK)
Christopher Mayer (AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Vienna, Austria)
ARTERY18 Winner – Giacomo Pucci (Perugia, Italy)