Bursary applications for 2019 are now closed
ARTERY is uniquely placed to facilitate, coordinate and deliver high quality education for its members. At times of financial constraint, securing support to attend National, European and International congresses/conferences has become increasingly difficult. ARTERY are very pleased to be able to offer a small number of educational bursaries to assist students with their attendance at the ARTERY annual scientific conference.
Eligibility for Bursary
The scheme is open to anyone who fulfils the criteria below:
- ‘junior’ presenters (that is not a senior lab member nor consultant or equivalent)
- presenting an abstract at the ARTERY scientific meeting as first or second author
Applications for a bursary should include a completed application form together with:
- a copy of your CV
- confirmation of your presentation (along with abstract submission number)
- supporting statement clearly indicating why you cannot meet the conference costs from other resources.
- outline of the professional benefits you anticipate gaining by attending the ARTERY scientific conference
All successful applicants will be notified in writing the week beginign 19 August 2019 .
A brief report on highlights of the meeting for you and the benefits to you from attending is required, and may be included in the newsletter or ARTERY website. This should be provided within 2 months of the meeting attended and is a condition of the award. Failure to provide this report will render applicants ineligible for future bursaries.
Bursary Approval Panel
The award panel will include all of the Artery Ececutive Committee.
The selection process will be by a scoring system and based on merit.
Number and value of Bursaries
A number of bursaries will be available each year depending on the budget available. The maximum number of bursaries will be agreed in advance by the panel. The maximum value of bursary allowance given per person is capped at €500. Each bursary will be awarded on merit and at the discretion of the panel. The decision of the panel is final. The bursary can be used to reclaim the cost of the registration fee and the balance may be used to cover accommodation and economy travel.
Terms and Conditions
- Successful applicants will be required to pay a registration fee to attend the conference.
- Successful applicants are responsible for making their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
- The cost of the registration fee may be reclaimed and the balance of the bursary payment may be used to cover travel and accommodation up to a total value of the bursary awarded (including registration fee)
- Bursary payments will be made after the conference.
- Claimants must provide proof of payment for any travel and accommodation which is being claimed.
- Original receipts must be submitted within 1 month of attending the conference.