Submit your abstract to ARTERY23.
ARTREY23 will be held from 5 – 7 October 2023, taking place in Bonn, Germany.
We welcome abstracts for both oral and poster presentations dealing with clinical research, experimental studies, epidemiology, biomechanical, methodological and imaging research related to large artery structure and function. The presentation of data at this meeting will provide the opportunity for scientific interaction and discussion with a highly informed audience.
Abstract submissions are very much encouraged, and prizes will be awarded for the best oral presentation by a Young Investigator and the best poster presentation. The winner of each category will be announced at the conference. All abstracts will be published in the programme and abstract book.
Deadline for Submissions: 23:59 GMT Monday 3 July 2023
Using the abstract submission system:
Submitting an abstract is a multi-step process. Some questions are marked “required” and you will not be able to complete your submission until these questions have been answered. You will save your work as you proceed through the pages. If you must stop part way through the process your submission will be saved, but not submitted until you return later and complete all the questions. When you log in again you can click on your incomplete abstract and resume submission.
Terms and conditions:
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official conference publications.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants of ARTERY 23.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other congress prior to ARTERY 23.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
Queries: If you have any queries about the submission process or you want to withdraw an abstract, please contact the secretariat email@example.com referencing your abstract reference number.
Please read the instructions below carefully before preparing your abstract.
The title of your abstract should be succinct yet clearly describe the content of the work. Use sentence case (i.e. the first letter of the sentence is capitalised, with the rest being lower case except for proper nouns and acronyms). Do not use any abbreviations in the abstract title. The titles of accepted abstracts will be published in the final conference programme and on the conference website. You should adhere to the original title and content of the abstract when presenting.
When submitting your abstract, you will need to select one of the following subject areas which best fits the material within your abstract:
· Clinical Aspects
· Vascular Aging
· Imaging Technologies
· Models and Methodologies
· Obesity, Metabolic Disorders and Cardiovascular Disease
· Other (please specify)
· Vascular Biology and Pathophysiology
· Special Populations
There is a choice of two presentation formats – oral or poster. Please indicate your choice of presentation format. The conference programme committee will make the final decision on presentation format.
Please read the instructions below carefully before preparing your abstract:
- Aim to capture the conference committee’s interest
- Be clear and concise
- Check the abstract carefully, or better still, ask a friend who doesn’t know the work to check it for spelling, grammar, readability and clarity
- Your abstract should not exceed 250 words.
- You have the option to upload one figure in relation to your abstract. Please limit its file size to 1 MB . Note that figures will be resized for printing, hence, make sure that lettering, symbols, and lines therein are clear and distinct. Acceptable figure file formats: PNG, TIF, TIFF, JPG, JPEG .
- Do not include author names in the title or body of your abstract because a “blind” reviewing process may be used – you can enter the names online during the submission process.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
General Style Guidelines
- Abstracts should be structured under appropriate headings for the nature of the work, e.g.:
- Use standard abbreviations only and place any unusual abbreviation in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs.
- If reference is made to proprietary products or equipment, the manufacturer’s name and location should be included in parentheses.
- Referencing and citations in Vancouver format (i.e., numbered sequentially according to first use, with citations in text using numbers between square brackets, e.g., ) are allowed – see further details below. References should be numbered in the order in which the citations appear in the text.
- Please check your abstract carefully as it will not be edited.
References should be listed in the separate box provided in the abstract submission system.
- References should be kept to a minimum and should be consistently and accurately presented in Vancouver style.
- The reference list is not included in the word count but the citation numbers within the abstract are.
- Only sources referred to in the text should be included.
Your registered email address will be used as a contact for publication in the book of abstracts.
Please give first name initial, first name, last name and institution name (place of work or location where work was carried out) of main authors associated with the abstract. Omit degrees, titles or appointments.