ARTERY Society Research Exchange Grant
Applications are now open for the ARTERY Society Research Exchange Grant 2021
To apply, please email email@example.com
The aim of this ARTERY Society Research Exchange grant is to encourage Early Career Researchers to build their own international collaborations and to spend time in a new lab either to work collaboratively on a project or to learn a new skill.
Two grants of 1600 Euros will be available to provide support for travel and accommodation during the exchange. Awardees will also receive free registration (including meals and refreshments covered by the registration fee) for the following ARTERY conference to present their findings (conference accommodation and travel, conference dinner, and other expenses are not included in the award).
Eligibility criteria for applicants:
- Current ARTERY member
- Age 40 years or younger, unless career interrupted due to extenuating circumstances
Selection criteria for host lab:
The host lab must be internationally recognised for its research in the field of arterial function and structure and preferentially (but not exclusively) led by an ARTERY member.
- Deadline for applications: Closes 12 September 2021
- Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The applicant must provide:
- A motivation letter of approximately half an A4 page detailing the project and how it would benefit the young investigator, justification for lab choice, and potential for future collaborations
- A Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications
- A support letter from the host lab
- The applications will be evaluated by the ARTERY Executive Committee
- The winners will be announced during the annual conference
- The winners will present the main outcomes of the collaboration at the following October ARTERY Conference.
- Winners are required and invited to submit one contribution to Artery Research on their grant research, for which the open access article processing charge will be waived. This contribution can be of any type, i.e. Research Article, Review Article, Perspective, Short Communication, Case Study or How-To-Do-It Article.
- Authors are free to also (i.e., additionally) publish their findings elsewhere.
- In any publication resulting from their collaboration, the Research Grant should be acknowledged, e.g. using the following sentence: “This work was supported by an ARTERY (Association for Research into Arterial Structure and Physiology) society [insert award year] Research Exchange Grant.
Applications close on Sunday 12 September at 12.00pm UK time.
Alessandro Giudici (Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UK)
Christopher Mayer (AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Vienna, Austria)
ARTERY18 Winner – Giacomo Pucci (Perugia, Italy)