I was born in Bra, Italy in 1987. After finishing my secondary school, I studied Medicine at the University of Genoa (Italy). In 2012 I graduated at the Med School defending the theses entitled “Erythrocytes cell wall defects correlate with the stage of liver cirrhosis”. During my internal medicine residency at University of Genoa I joined the research group led by Prof. F. Montecucco and focused on inflammatory bases of cardiovascular disease. Since then my activity has focused on translational research in the field of internal medicine with particular interest in the role of inflammation in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases and their risk factors such as diabetes mellitus and arterial hypertension. From 2017, I’m research assistant at the Center for Molecular Cardiology, University of Zurich directed by Prof. T.F. Lüscher and Prof. G. G. Camici, here my research investigates the link between aging, cardio-/cerebrovascular diseases, oxidative stress and inflammation. I am author of 33 scientific articles of which 15 original research articles (see attached publication list) and member of the Editorial Board of International Journal of Cardiology. Also, in 2016 I was awarded for best poster presentation at the yearly meeting of “European Society for Clinical Investigation”.
- Help us to better understand perceptions related to Vascular Ageing
- BHF CoRE Glasgow Virtual Symposium – “Hot Topics in Cardiovascular Research” – 26th April 2021, from 13:00 – 16:30 (BST)
- NAA 2021 Virtual – Early Detection and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Worlds 1st Symposium on Ultra High Frequency Ultrasound in Translational Research
- ARTERY 19 – Photographs from the Conference